Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Finally Done

So I am finally done with my basement. I went and picked up my sectional today and got it all set up. I has been a while in waiting but am thankful for all those that helpped me out. I have such a great family and great friends to put up with me and helpped get the basement looking as good as I think it does. Here are a few Pictures:






This is the new carpet on the stairs. Also, I painted the wall on the left with help from Jason.



View from the far end by the bar.

This is looking towards the bar area.Granite counter top, Cabinets, Sink, fridge and candy machine in the new bar.

New sectional for the basement. A little light but I hope it will work out ok.

Sectional with the recliners all out.

And one last one.

Air Hockey table and crossed hockey sticks for the old man.

Staci and Martin came over and helpped me set up my air hockey table. I played Stac and kicked her butt!!!(13-4).


Thanks again for everyone that helpped. MOM-washing the walls, going with me to pick out my sectional, Jason -EVERYTHING(bathroom, bar, carpet, sectional and putting up with me. Brandon-demo and bringing the sectional down stairs, Stac and Martin helpping me put together the hockey table. Amanda for listening to me complain that I wasn't sure everything would work out and helpping me pick out carpet.


If I forgot you I'm sorry but know that I love you all so much. I know it is different from the old basement which we spend many great times in but, I look forward to making many special memories with all of you in the new basement. I wish the old man was here to see how it looks and enjoy it all with us.



6 comments:

Keri said...

Looks great - now it's time for a party! Let us come please? LOL

Staci said...

My arm is way sore from playing and getting my butt kicked at air hockey last night. "Red puck, red puck!" Your basement is awesome! Love you brother!!

Gayla said...

From the pics it looks way awsome, can't wait to see it in person. Excited for the party, maybe I can help more with that kind of stuff since I really didn't help out with all the other stuff. I think Dad would really be impressed. Hang in there little brother, I love you and I am very proud to be your big sis. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Wendy said...

It looks AMAZING!! You did such a great job. Way to go, I bet you are glad it's finally done. I Love love love the sectional. You done good. :)

The Hinds Family said...

Wow - looks great. Cannot wait to see it in person. I'm thinking we need to have a little Red Wings v. Bruins match up on that air hockey table. :-)

Amanda said...

hmmm...it's been almost a year since you posted anything on your blog. I'm guessing you're not much of a blogger anymore?